The UK Self-Storage Annual Industry Report gives our self-storage customers great insights into how well the industry is performing and the growth prospects for the following year.
Cushman & Wakefield launched the UK Self-Storage Annual Industry Report last month in Partnership with SSA. The report touches on the effect of the coronavirus and how successful self-storage companies will ride out the pandemic.
Key results from the UK Self-Storage Annual Industry Report
The report includes some key findings which will be extremely useful for our self-storage customers moving forward, including:
- Occupancy on current lettable space is 76.2% down from 77.2% last year.
- The UK average net rental rate is £22.82 per square foot per annum
- 91% of customers are satisfied with the service from their self storage provider
- 48% of the public have a good awareness of self storage
- Divorced or separated people are twice as likely to use self storage
- 32% of self storage customers are involved in moving house
- 41% of self storage customers have used self storage previously
- 72% of businesses that use self storage have less than 10 staff
These results give great insight into the end-users motivation for using self-storage and can help our customers to target their messaging and marketing.
You can read the full report here.