Our customer who designs and builds aircraft control systems, including radar and targeting control predominantly for military use, asked us to build 3 new 20ft Ground Control Stations. These were designed to replace existing and outdated equipment.
The 3 containers have been deployed in remote locations across the globe, including Canada, the Hebrides and Falkland Islands.
Due to the challenging weather conditions found in these locations it was essential that the containers withstand these environments and house/protect high value equipment. The containers also needed to provide access to allow cables to pass from instruments outside to equipment inside, for analysis.
Once complete, these units needed to be shipped abroad so need to conform to ISO shipping standards, even after modifications were undertaken. This meant recessing external sockets and using a specialist Air Conditioning system.
Mr Box produced the design (in CAD) and specification which was agreed with our client. The specification included the following:
- Supply 1 x New 20ft ISO Container
- Fit single steel personnel door (high security) to side wall of container (in ISO for shipping)
- Fit black 2/3mm Polyfloor durable flooring internally (wipe clean)
- Line & Insulate interior with Rockwool Insulation & 18mm White Melamine faced boards (wipe clean)
- Fit Certified Electrics as follows:
- 1 x 8 way consumer board
- 2 x 5ft double strip lights (in cases)
- 8 x Twin Sockets & 1 no Light Switch (metal clad)
- 1 x Fused Spur (A/C Unit/Convection Heaters)
- All wired in surface mounted plastic conduit
- External isolator & socket (recessed/in ISO for shipping)
- Fit external earthing point with ground spike and 3m cable
- 2 no. 2KW wall mounted convector heaters inside the container
- Fit A/C Unit with trap door arrangement (slide in/slide out) in ISO for shipping
- 5 no. 300mm x 300mm steel box section apertures with hinged cover plates and internal rubber membrane, for cable access.
- Paint container NATO green after work externally & re logo for shipping
- Paint container Roof White after work externally.
- Recertification for ISO shipping.