Our customer, whose business involves process power, control, automation, and instrumentation solutions across a wide range of power generation and process industries asked us to build them a 50ft containerised enclosure for housing their Electrostatic Power Precipitators.
ESPs are used to collect solid particulate matter from the exhaust gases emitted by industrial processes such as coal-fired power generation, steel and cement manufacturing, and waste incineration. They are also used in a similar manner in chemical and wet processes.
The customer is installing a system in Mexico at new Coal Fired Power Station and needed a turnkey solution that can be safely transported with their ESP controller to site.
The enclosure was constructed in two parts using 20ft and 30ft containers joined to create a 50ft long enclosure.
Mr Box produced the design (in CAD) and specification which was agreed with our client. The specification included the following:
- Supply 1 x New 40ft High Cube & 1 x New 20ft High Cube
- Reduce the external length of the 40ft container to 30ft incorporating the original end frame for strength
- Supply capping strips to stop any water ingress when joined
- Supply and fit 2 x personnel doors with emergency escape bars (to be supplied with suited keys)
- Supply and fit 2 x channels fitted to run full length of units, secured to the to the containers X members and underside, and machine slotted apertures as per customers drawing
- Strengthen both container roofs to allow people walking on roof
- Fit floating floor using removable, non-skid, vinyl covered computer floor panels, strong enough to withstand all equipment + 5 men
- Line and insulate using steel lining bars, Rockwool insulation (RWA45 50mm), and 15mm MDF boards (1hr fire rated), then overlay with Fit 1.2mm white aluminium composite sheets
- Supply and fit 2 no. Perspex Windows – 900mm x 900mm with security bars, including 2 x cover plates for above windows for shipping
- Supply 2 no. Dry Powder 6KG Fire Extinguishers
- Fit certified electrics as follows:
- 1 x 4KVA Enclosed Transformer 480v/110 Volt 60Hz
- 1 x 6way fuse board c/w 4 x Double pole MCB ,– 5 x 110 Volt Double 5ft lights
- 4 x double Mexico Sockets 20amp circuit
- 2 x Emergency lights one over each door 110 Volt
- 2 x1 gang 2 way light switches over each door
- Additional MCB 4A Type C to be included
- All wire in surface mounted plastic trunking and conduit . Where containers join the Cables will be linked via link ups – Cables that join the 2 container to be pulled back, coiled up and labelled. 4 x Earthing Tags
- All electrical components to current Mexican standards
- Supply Emergency Lighting and Exit signs in Spanish (Mexican)
- Supply and fit Fire Detection Alarm System, as follows:
- 1 x PSU 110 volt Panel that transforms down to 24 volt
- 1x 4-2 Zone Fire Panel 24 volt, 2 x Manual Fire call points
- 2 x sounder beacons
- 3 x optical smoke detectors
- 2 x 3.3AH 12V Lead Acid Alarm batteries
- cable will be FP-200 Gold 2Core 1.5mm
- Repaint exteriors to RAL 7035 – using SEMI GLOSS (Hempels paint)
- Re decal both units for shipping
- Sheet off open ends for transport to keep dry
The photos show the first of 3 units having been fitted out at the customer’s premises in the UK.