One of our clients who supply outdoor facilities for the leisure industry wanted us to build a 40 foot containerised for use as a combined beachside café, snack shop and disabled washroom.
The specification is as follows:
- Use 2 new 20ft ISO containers
- Fabricate and fit 2 large sliding doors
- Replace the original container doors with new corrugated panels to match the sides
- Insert 2 internal partition walls to separate the toilet and office areas
- Line and insulate the interior using timber battens, 50mm Rockwool insulation and fireproof lining boards
- Paint the interior walls
- Repaint the exterior in the customer’s desired RAL shade (using Hempel’s marine grade paint)
- Supply and fit a kitchen area to include:
- 3 base kitchen units
- A 40mm worktop
- Spaces for kitchen appliances
- An 8 way consumer board
- 24 spotlights
- 4 double fluorescent lights
- 4 13 amp twin sockets
- An extractor fan
- 3 wall-mounted convection heaters
- A water heater
- A recessed exterior isolator/plug socket
After conversion, the units were delivered to a holiday camp in North Yorkshire using Hiab equipped trucks. Our team then installed the containers on site, including joining the 2 units together.
After a little landscaping, the café was ready for use within two days and is currently serving hungry summer visitors.