We were asked by the Science Department of the University of York to supply them with a laboratory to be shipped to Cape Verde. The laboratory was built using 2 x 40ft high containers placed side by side to create a laboratory, a boot / changing room, and an office.
Once shipped to Cape Verde the containers were assembled on site and used to test for trace elements of pollutants.
The specification was a follows:
- Supply 2 x new 40ft units.
- Line and insulate the interior using 18mm white melamine board, 50mm RWA45 Rockwool insulation. All fixed to 75×50 CLS timber studding.
- Create 2 x internal partitions, using 18mm white melamine, c/w timber sliding door.
- Fit 2mm black non slip flooring throughout c/w 100mm up stands.
- Re-Spray exterior of units white to reflect heat using Hempels marine grade paint, and re-number for shipping.
- Fabricated exterior personnel doors complete seals and ships door handles – recessed to comply with ISO for shipping.
- Supply and fit high security steel personnel doors to allow internal access once on site.
- Supply and fit 2.0mm steel fabricated cupboard 3m x 500mm x 2m lined with 50mm RWA45 insulation.
- Adapt the container corner posts corner posts for joining on site.
- Supply and fit UVPC tilt and turn window (1000×1000) complete with a steel security shutter.
- Supply and fit 1@ 5m long, 1@ 4m long 600mm x40mm melamine faced workbench , set on RHS framework.
- Fit certified Electrics to include:
- 2 x 16way 3 phase consumer boards
- 32 x RCBOS to suit above
- 50 x twin sockets set in dado rail
- 12 x double fluorescent strip lights c/w LED lamps (low energy, low heat)
- 6x emergency lights
- Smoke alarms
- 3 x 32a recessed external sockets
- 2 x 32 a recessed external isolators
- 2 x earth boss
- 2 x rotary isolators
- All wired in low smoke cable , fixed in dado rail , plastic conduit and steel cable trays. All clearly marked.
- Fuse spur & single socket for A/C units.
- Supply and fit A/C units with the auto re-start functionality.
- Supply and fit 10 off internet connections in each unit.
- Supply and fit gas piping to include 7 off Stainless steel ¼ inch pipe runs as per drawing with a maximum of 30 drops to terminate ¼ inch stainless steel ball value. All to be coloured coded set in steel tray.
- Fabricate steel rack to hold 13 off cylinder rack holders straps per rack sizes as bottles
- Fabricate recessed apertures with gland plates exterior supply of electrics etc.
- Supply and fit 10 x floor mounted lashing rings.
- Supply and fit 2x 300×300 aluminium Louvre vents c/w mesh interiors.
- Additionally supply a joining kit to include waterproof capping, securing bolts and instructions for local assembly.
The units were then re-certified for shipping and loaded with the scientific equipment before being delivered to port and shipped on a container vessel to Cape Verde.