We were asked by the HMS Warrior preservation Trust to provide them with the some conversions to be used as workshops and stores for their work.
Warrior, launched in 1860, was the pride of Queen Victoria’s fleet. Powered by steam and sail, she was the largest, fastest and most powerful ship of her day and had a profound effect on naval architecture. Warrior was, in her time, the ultimate deterrent. Yet within a few years she was obsolete.
Warrior’s survival was possible because of the extraordinary durability of her construction and the vision of Sir John Smith and those others who determined to save this great ship, one of the most influential warships ever built and the sole surviving 19th century capital ship in the world.
The aim of the Warrior Preservation Trust has been to restore the ship, as near as possible, to her 1860s condition.
We supplied 2 x 40 containers that were both lined and insulated, and equipped with high security personnel doors windows and electrics. One unit was also equipped with special racks to assist in making the ropes for the ships rigging. The containers were delivered by barge and then carne onto a floating pontoon adjacent to the ship.