Our customer who is involved in the Aerospace Industry asked if we could create a storage area for a number of Pony Trucks. The electric Pony Trucks are used for towing wheeled storage bins full of parts around their large industrial complex.
They needed a secure fire proof storage area where the trucks can parked when not in use, and where they can be connected to electrical points to have their batteries recharged. Because of gases released as the batteries are charged the store area needed to be fire proof and also very well ventilated.
We supplied a new 40 foot high cube container and converted as follows:
- Create a 7 meter aperture, strengthen, and fit electrically operated galvanised roller shutter
- 1 x high security personnel door equipped with an emergency push escape mechanism
- 2mm steel partition between the store and rest room area
- Fit 1 hour fire rated fire boards to steel box section lining bars
- Overlay the marine ply flooring with steel checker plate, and seam weld all round
- Fit 6 x 300×300 aluminium louvered ventilators
- Line and insulate using Rockwool insulation and melamine wallboards
- 1 x Steel personnel door inward opening complete with weather kit
- 2 x windows with integral security shutters
- 3m worktop
- 6 x clothing lockers
- Non slip poly floor with drain points
- 10 x Coat hooks
- 1 x 8 way consumer board
- 6 x vapour proof lights
- 5 x 13 amp single metal clad sockets
- 2 x twin 13 amp plastic sockets
- 1 x fused spur
- 1 x convector heater
- 1 x recessed 32amp isolator/socket
- 3 x exterior bulkhead lights all wired in
All electrics mounted surface mounted plastic conduit.
Finally the exterior of the container was re-painted to the customer corporate colour using Hempels Marine grade paint.