We were asked by a regular customer to supply them with bespoke sized container to be placed on board a vessel that lays underwater cables, primarily involved in off-shore wind farms and telecommunications industries.
The container is a bespoke size and shape being 5.2m long x 2m wide x 2.6m high. It also has a unusual shape with 1 side being chamfered to allows the Control Room Operators to look down on the deck operations, where lengths of cables are spliced.
The specification is as follows:
- Side, End & Roof Panels manufactured from 1.5mm corrugated corten steel.
- ISO corner castings to top & bottom for securing the Control Office to other containers and allow ease of lifting.
- Corten steel channel frame with C section steel cross members.
- Unit fitted with fork lift pockets.
- After fabrication the unit was fully shot blasted to SA 2.5 SA, and painted using 2 Pack Epoxy Paint system (DFT 200 Microns). Underside costed using a Bituminous under seal.
- Flooring is 27mm plywood overlaid with 1.5mm black polyflor (vinyl)
- Fitted with 1 x Standard Personnel Door (10 point locking) with glass viewing panel and emergency escape mechanism.
- Equipped with white UPVC Fixed Windows with marinised toughened glass.
- Interior insulated with using Rockwool insulation, and lined using 12mm marine plywood, clad with 1.2mm white aluminium sheets.
- Equipped with a Mitsubishi 3.5kw Heat Pump Invertor AC unit.
The Control Cabin is now on board the vessel ready for operations in Korea.