the world and be able to operate in remote locations. It therefore needed not only an Engineering Workshop, and a fully operational Spray Booth, but also the ability to be powered via either on shore electrical supply, or using its own built in Generator.
Mr Box then turned the customers idea into a reality from the design phase through to the finished article. The final specification included the following items:
- Supply 1 x 40 foot New Tunnel ISO shipping container – Double container doors on both ends.
- Overlay the original container floor with 3mm steel checker plate flooring .
- Line and insulate the interior (to include walls and ceiling) using steel lining bars,
- Rockwool insulation, 12mm marine ply, and 1.2mm aluminium high gloss composite lining boards.
- Fabricate 2 x internal partition walls to form the Spray Booth, and Generator
- Housing, insulate and line as above.
- Supply and fit 2 x high security steel Personnel Doors with emergency exit push bars.
- Supply and fit 4 x Louvered Vents (300 x 300mm).
- Build & Supply 1 x 4.6m long Workbench complete with heavy duty vices.
- Supply and fit tool Cupboards x 4
- Build & Supply 1 x 2.2m long Welding Bench.
- Supply and fit 1 x rail with Welding Curtain.
- Fit 1 x stand alone Pillar Drill.
- Fit 1 x stand alone Engineers Press.
- All machinery to be fitted with lockable on/off switches.
- Fit 1 x Welding Fume Extraction Arm.
- Fit 1 x bench mounted Grinder.
- Supply and fit 1 x Inspection Light.
- Supply and fit Fire Board for customer to fit own extinguishers to.
- Fit 22m Compressed Air pipe work, including 5 x drops together with 5.5KW 3 Phase Compressor.
- Supply and fit 1 x picture frame AC Unit for the main work shop.
- Supply and it 1 x 12ft Spray Booth, equipped with Extraction Filter Chambers, 1 x
- Fan set 8000 CFM and silencer, inlet Filters and Weather Cowling, 3 x Zone 1 Lights.
- Supply and fit 1 x Perkins 16KVA Generator.
- Supply and fit large Louvered Vents into the front container doors (generator compartment) as well as 2 x large Louvered Vents in the side panels (generator compartment) to allow for air circulation and cooling.
- Fit certified electrics as follows:
- 1 off. 12 way 3Phase board c/w 12 Rcbos.
- 6 off. 5ft double Vapour Proof Lights.
- 2 off. Emergency Lights
- 2 off. 12” Manrose Extractor Fans
- 8 off. 32amp Internal Isolators
- 4 off 3 phase Rccb c/w enclosures
- 4 off. 240 Twin Sockets
- 5 off. 110 Twin Sockets 16 amp
- 1 off. 440v Twin Sockets 16 amp
- 1 off. 415v Twin Sockets 32 amp
- 1 off. 4kva enclosed Transformer
- Exterior IP65 Isolator (100amp), no plug. (recessed within ISO for shipping)
- Low smoke cabling
- Wired in galvanised trunking & conduit using low smoke and fume wiring.
- Extraction fans, and lights will have fused switches and isolation switches where
- appropriate, additionally lights will be equipped with impact resistant polycarbonate diffusers.
- Re- spray the interior and exterior using Hempels hi build marine grade paint (exterior will be white).
- Re-label unit to comply with shipping regulations.
– Full user manuals for all tools
– NICEIC certification for all electrics
– Factory test certificates for the container itself
– PUWER inspection & certification
– Risk assessments and method statements for delivery if required
– Photo updates during build
Mr Box, then arranged for the container to be re-certified as suitable for shipping. After the exterior items were remove and blanking plates applied over apertures. Mr Box then arrange for the Workshop to be shipped to the Middle East.