Self Storage Containers
Mr Box specialise in supplying containers for the self-store industry. We are members of the Self Storage Association and supply containers to over 100 existing self-store clients throughout the UK. Whether you are new to the industry, or already have an existing site, Mr Box can assist.
We source our new containers directly and build our containers to a specification designed for self-store operators. They are available in 4 standard sizes at 8, 10, 20 or 40ft long. The most popular containers for storage purposes are the 10 and 20 foot units, as well as the multi-compartmental and tunnel containers we offer.
The containers are constructed from Corten steel, which is very strong and also resists corrosion. They are coated with a 2-pack paint system and bitumen coated base that is designed to stand up to the rigors of marine use.
Additional Mr Box features include:
- Built to a full marine specification – manufactured from corrosion resistant corten steel.
- Protected with marine grade paint.
- Fitted with additional ventilation – to ensure condensation is not a problem.
- Fitted with high locking bars – for ease of use.
- A wipe clean 28mm marine ply floor that is specially sealed and certified as being rot and vermin proof.
- Factory fitted lock box (high security lock box) with anti-jemmy lugs fitted to the doors – which shrouds the padlock and protects it from interference.
- Available in a range of colours.
- Capable of being stacked.
We hold stocks of new containers in a variety of colours, although the green and blue are the most common colours.
The self-storage industry is a relatively new and entrepreneurial industry and many of our existing self store clients were new start-up companies when they first approached Mr Box for equipment.
Over the years, we have advised many customers on setting up their sites and can now offer not just containers but a whole range of complimentary services such as: advice on self store sites; security and padlock design; master key services; and staircases and gantries.
If you are interested in starting a self store business, or are looking for self storage facilities in the UK, please feel free to contact us and we’ll try to assist you.
If you are an existing self-store operator, or planning a new self-store business, you may find a copy of our Licence to Store Goods useful. Please let us know if you’d like a copy.
Most standard containers have double doors on one end, but we also supply tunnel units with doors at both ends. This means the interior can be divided into smaller individual units by fitting a dividing wall. We offer two types of partition wall: a fixed partition, or a moveable partition giving you the flexibility to create rooms of any size.